In a new teaser for the Back to the Future anniversary set, Lloyd suits up in the ol’ lab coat once again for a brief segment promoting the “Doc Brown Saves The World!” short film.
While there isn’t a lot to glean from the teaser about the plot of “Doc Brown Saves The World!” (save for the suggestion that he saves the world), it does set the clip on a date that should be familiar to Back to the Future fans: Oct. 21, 2015.
Doesn’t ring a bell? Here’s a reminder:
Universal has also kept that date in mind when scheduling the release date for the Back to the Future 30th anniversary set, as the whole package hits shelves a day earlier on Oct. 20.
The full breakdown of the set’s contents includes the following:
- Back to the Future, Back to the Future Part II, Back to the Future Part III
- Bonus disc with more than two hours of content
- Digital HD with UltraViolet (Blu-ray exclusive)
- Collectible packaging (Blu-ray exclusive)
- Bonus features, including:
- All New Original Shorts: Including “Doc Brown Saves the World!” starring Christopher Lloyd
- “OUTATIME: Restoring the DeLorean”: An inside look at the 2012 restoration of the most iconic car in film history
- “Looking Back to the Future”: A nine-part retrospective documentary from 2009 on the trilogy’s legacy.
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series: Two episodes (“Brothers” and “Mac the Black”) from the 1991 series featuring live action segments with Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown
- “Tales from the Future” six-part documentary
- “The Physics of Back to the Future”
- Deleted scenes
- Michael J. Fox Q&A
- Eight archival featurettes
- Behind-the-scenes footage
- Music videos
- Audio commentaries
- Back to the Future: The Ride
Sadly, the set doesn’t seem to include the hoverboards or self-lacing sneakers we were promised in Back to the Future Part II — but hey, we still have a few weeks to go. Fingers crossed!