There are many ways you can celebrate Women’s History Month, and one of our favorites is by enjoying movies that are about women, created by women, or created for women. You might want to immerse yourself in a stirring historical documentary about someone who made a difference in society and women’s rights, or perhaps you’d like to curl up with your kids to watch something that will inspire them, particularly young girls. Or maybe you want to see a dramatic take about an important moment in history and the women’s movement.
Whatever you fancy, we’ve put together a list of movies that are perfect for watching in honor of Women’s History Month. With each, you’ll feel inspired, angered, emotional, or a bit of all three as you take in how far we have come and how far we still have to go.
Looking for more inspiring content to watch? We’ve also rounded up the best shows to stream for Women’s History Month.
- The best horror movie prequels
- The 74 best movies on Hulu right now (October 2022)
- The 104 best shows on Hulu right now (October 2022)
- The best TV shows on Amazon Prime right now (October 2022)
- Best new movies to stream on Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBO, and more