Women’s History Month has been celebrated in March in North America, the U.K., and Australia since 1978, created to highlight the accomplishments and contributions of women both in history and the present day. Women have come a long way since then, but it’s clear there’s still a long way to go towards gender equality, pay parity, and “breaking the bias.”
Chances are you might have a few educational and historical documentaries on your radar to watch this month as a reminder of how much women have done, and continue to do, for society. But there are also some wonderful shows that celebrate strong females of all kinds. Some are inspiring, others terrifying, some all-too-real, and others uplifting. We have rounded up some great TV shows worth watching this month, with options ranging from single-season miniseries to multi-season dramas, comedies, and more.
Looking for more inspiring content to watch? We’ve also rounded up the best movies to stream for Women’s History Month.
- Best new movies to stream on Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, Max (HBO), and more
- The best movies on Amazon Prime Video (December 2023)
- 3 best Prime Video movies to watch for Thanksgiving
- Amazon Prime Video Free Trial: Stream for a month for free
- 5 shows to watch if you like the Prime Video sci-fi series Upload