Now, it seems the Jared Hess-directed film is back on track after debuting its official trailer on Thursday. The chaotic spot comes in at a little over two minutes and features explosions, gunshots, car wrecks, and harrowing getaways. It also features quite a few moments that may just make you LOL.
At 0:32, Galifianakis “grazes” his “biscuits” with a bullet; at 1:13, Leslie Jones describes his mugshot using only musicians named Kenny; and we learn never to stand too close to someone breaking down a cheap door at 1:57.
The full trailer is embedded above and offers a mix of physical comedy, character comedy, and plain ol’ cringe comedy. Its tagline — “get stupid rich” — does a good job of describing the film in a nutshell, but here’s a snippet of the synopsis anyway:
“In this action comedy based on true events, directed by Jared Hess (Napoleon Dynamite; Nacho Libre), David Ghantt (Zach Galifianakis) discovers the true meaning of adventure far beyond his wildest dreams. He is an uncomplicated man stuck in a monotonous life. Day in and day out, he drives an armored vehicle, transporting millions of other people’s money with no escape in sight. The only glimmer of excitement is his flirtatious work crush, Kelly Campbell (Kristen Wiig), who soon lures him into the scheme of a lifetime.”
Barring any unforeseen setbacks, Masterminds will hit theaters on September 30. But, given this film’s history, you may want to stay tuned for updates.
- This bike trailer folds flat so you can store it almost anywhere
- It's all-out creature carnage in action-packed 'Kong: Skull Island' trailer
- Tom Cruise and ‘Jack Reacher’ are no match for ‘A Madea Halloween’
- Box office hits and misses: ‘The Accountant’ files a winning weekend while ‘Max Steel’ rusts
- Pitt and Cotillard smolder as WWII rages in official trailer for ‘Allied’