It would be easy to start this post off by saying things like “Avast, ye scallywags”, but that would just be silly. Besides, as the release of Disney’s fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film approaches, you can be sure that the marketing push will make even the most innocuous things feature a pirate slant. The Whopparrrrrrr with cheese? Don’t rule it out.
This summer Johnny Depp returns to the role that made him famous—well rich…well, richer—as he dons the garb of Captain Jack Sparrow once more. Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley are sitting this one out, as Sparrow is dragged into a hunt to find the Fountain of Youth.
Directed by Rob Marshall (Nine, Memoirs of a Geisha), the film also stars Geoffrey Rush as Barbosa, Ian McShane as the villain Blackbeard, and Penlope Cruz as Blackbeard’s daughter and a possible love interest for Sparrow.
Check out the trailer below and look for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in 2D, 3D and IMAX on May 20, 2011.
- Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, and 11 more actors you won’t believe never won Oscars
- MoviePass blocks subscribers from ‘Red Sparrow’ and restores an unwelcome feature
- Who cares about loot? For ‘Sea of Thieves,’ Rare hid the real fun in the hijinks
- Tom Cruise honored, Michael Bay snubbed at 38th Annual Razzie Awards
- Royal Caribbean turns to AR, VR to help visualize its new private island project