This time, it’s Selena Gomez who joins the host of the The Late Late Show as the two take a circuitous route to the studio, which involves detours to an amusement park and McDonald’s. It also involves singing — lots and lots of singing.
First posted on Monday, the video has already logged almost 10 million views. The 12-minute long spot features a lot of interesting stuff, but the best bit of harmonizing comes as the two approach the precipice of the roller coaster that they’re riding on while belting out Come & Get It. They then down the ride’s first drop. While they both try to soldier on and continue singing, it’s not quite as graceful as, say, Mariah Carey’s Fantasy.
To be fair, Gomez and Corden’s ride looked a tad more harrowing.
With their first detour out of the way, the pair pound ginger shots — which throw Corden into a coughing fit — and then hit McDonald’s for a couple of value meals, making sure to get the cups with Gomez’s lyrics printed on the side: “I love you like a love song, baby.”
After a discussion of gender politics in the music industry and a little Taylor Swift duet, Corden tells the singer that he can’t think of a better person to help him endure the drudgery of a commute than her.
We’re sure that there are plenty of fans out there who feel the exact same way.
Carpool Karaoke is a recurring segment on The Late Late Show with James Corden. The show airs Monday through Friday on CBS at 12:37 AM.
- Fans of karaoke game Twitch Sings get 400 new songs ahead of January 1 shutdown
- Rock out in the carpool lane with Singing Machine’s Carpool Karaoke microphone
- The Backstreet Boys are back, and their new single is … a banger?
- 13 years after ‘Nipplegate,’ Justin Timberlake to play Super Bowl halftime show
- Check out the first six minutes of episode 1 of 'Carpool Karaoke: The Series'