It’s no surprise that the man-eating, storm-riding sharks of the Sharknado franchise will return for another meteorological massacre this year in Sharknado 3, but their prey this time around could be the most dangerous foe they’ve faced so far. In the upcoming third installment of the franchise, the tornado filled with vicious, bloodthirsty sharks will make landfall in a place filled with some of the nation’s most vicious, bloodthirsty creatures: Washington, D.C.
Syfy and Sharknado studio The Asylum announced this week that the next film in the low-budget, high-laughs franchise will be set in Washington, D.C., with an expected premiere in July. Franchise stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid will reprise their roles from the previous two films in the series, which saw them first battle airborne sharks in Los Angeles in Sharknado, then across the country in New York City during Sharknado 2: The Second One.
Anthony C. Ferrante, who directed the first two films, will return for the third along with franchise screenwriter Thunder Levin.
After Sharknado became a viral sensation in 2013, Sharknado 2: The Second One was watched by over 3.9 million viewers in 2014, making it the network’s most popular original movie of all time.
- Forget 4K or even 8K. ‘Star Trek: Beyond’ editor says 6K is the future of film
- Amazon is offering tours of its fulfillment centers in 7 U.S. cities
- Everything we know about ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’
- ‘Jumanji’ leaps past ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ to win the weekend box office
- Here is our list of the best movies on Netflix right now