After Sony’s grand debut of its 3D TV lineup for 2010, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) today announced the studio will begin releasing 3D content on Blu-ray Disc worldwide this year. The company says its first planned Blu-ray 3D release will be the recent animated blockbuster “Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.”
“3D entertainment on Blu-ray is poised to revolutionize the home viewing experience in much the same way that high-definition televisions and Blu-ray Disc have over the past several years,” said SPHE worldwide president David Bishop. “SPHE is proud to lead the way in providing compelling 3D entertainment to complement the new hardware entering the marketplace.”
Sony’s 3D compatible BRAVIA LCD TVs and 3D compatible Blu-ray disc players will be available this summer.
- Nintendo Switch vs. PlayStation 4: Which console should you buy?
- Xbox One X vs. PlayStation 4 Pro: Clash of the Titans
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?
- The best 3D printers you can buy for under $1,000 right now
- These awesome 3D printed houses offer a glimpse into the future of construction