Behold! Zack Snyder’s passion project, Sucker Punch, has released a new trailer. Warner Bros loves Snyder right now. They love him so much that they want him to make little Superman babies, which he will begin to do soon. But before Snyder begins to roll up his sleeves and get to work on the Superman reworking, or retelling, or whatever they decide to call the reboot, he will first release the film Sucker Punch, late next month.
Sucker Punch is co-written by Steve Shibuya, but the project is all Snyder. He came up with the story, he is producing with his wife and is also directing. It is a project that he has been working on for years, but it was only after the (relative) success of Watchmen that Warner Bros decided to let him go wild with Sucker Punch.
The movie stars Emily Browning as Baby Doll, a young woman who has been unjustly sent to an asylum during the 1950s. She escapes into her own mind, a place filled with gatling-gun wielding samurai , WWI-style trench warfare battles and dragons, and with the help of the other inmates, she finds that escape in her imaginary world may lead to escape from the asylum as well.
Expect a visual smorgasbord, and look for Sucker Punch in theaters on March 25, 2011.
- Joaquin Phoenix is reportedly in talks to play the Joker in stand-alone film
- ‘Wrinkle in Time’ director to helm DC Comics superhero movie ‘New Gods’
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’
- Everything we know about ‘Deadpool 2’
- Here’s everything we know so far about ‘Wonder Woman 2’