Dubbed as a collaboration between Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams, Super 8 is an alien (creature) movie that looks like it may stand apart from the crowd. The name of the film refers to the camera (seen above) this kid uses to film whatever it is that breaks out of that train. The film is a debut for Joel Courtney, but also stars Elle Fanning, younger sister of Dakota Fanning.
While details are still scant, the film has a feel that harkens back to many of Spielberg’s classic films like E.T. and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Aside from the quick cancellation of Undercovers, J.J. Abrams has been on a hot streak in the last few years with huge TV hits Lost and Fringe as well as movies like Cloverfield and Star Trek. Super 8 hits theaters June 10.
Are you excited for Super 8?
- The best thrillers on Hulu right now
- The 53 best shows on Amazon Prime right now
- The 44 best HBO series streaming right now
- All the best Super Bowl trailers of 2020
- Super Bowl 2020: The madness and magic behind the game’s first 4K HDR broadcast