Knowing that the latest season of Doctor Who will return at the end of the month doesn’t make the wait for more adventures any easier — in fact, the days seem to go by that much slower. Thankfully, BBC America has the hardcore Whovians covered.
This week, the network announced a trio of Doctor Who specials that will roll out around the August 27 premiere episode, “Let’s Kill Hitler.” The specials will each focus on a specific element of The Doctor’s universe, and feature a long list of celebrity Whovians waxing philosophic (and comedic) about the long-running British science-fiction series.
Here’s the breakdown of what’s airing and when you can catch it on BBC America:
Doctor Who: Best of the Doctor will air Saturday, August 13, at 9 PM Eastern.
Doctor Who: Best of the Monsters will broadcast exactly one week later on Saturday, August 20, at 9 PM Eastern.
Finally, Doctor Who: Best of the Companions will air on Saturday, August 27, immediately following the mid-season premiere (so around 10 PM Eastern or so).
And just to prolong the tease, the network has released a clip from the August 20 special featuring a celebratory look back at the latest season’s most buzzed-about bad guys, The Silence.
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ season 10 is on! HBO renews the Larry David comedy
- From surprises to scandals: 13 recently canceled TV shows
- Need something to watch? Here are the best Amazon Prime TV shows
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- Here is everything we know so far about ‘Westworld’ season 2