The new black model of the Signal resembles a multitool that Darth Vader might carry for those times when using a lightsaber might be overkill. It retains all of the great tools that were found in the original model, but with a completely new look. Gone are the stainless steel blades, pliers, and saw, with matte black versions now taking their place. This gives the multitool a more tactical look that helps it further stand out from the crowd — without sacrificing any of the features and functionality that helped to make it so popular in the first place.
Weighing in at just 7.5 ounces, the Signal includes both a needlenose and regular pliers, as well as two wire cutters, a knife blade, and a serrated saw. It is also equipped with a hammer, 1/4-inch hex driver, can and bottle openers, and a carabiner for easy carry. Leatherman has even included a diamond-coated sharpener, a fire-starting ferro rod, and a safety whistle, too. The entire package is backed by a 25-year warranty, during which time the company will repair or replace a damaged multitool free of charge.
The new all-black version of the Signal may look cool, but it does comes at a premium price. While the regular version of the tool is priced at $99.95, the new model will set you back $109.95. For fans who have been waiting for the new model that will likely be a small price to pay, but it also fits the bill for those simply looking for a good multitool.
- The RinseKit gets an upgrade with more capacity and a water heater
- Buzz Aldrin’s solar backpack will get you ready for a mission to Mars
- Hikers can keep things light with BlackYak’s 70-gram Emergency jacket
- Your watch will double as a multitool if it’s the Leatherman Tread Tempo
- Great Scott! ‘Back to the Future’ fan ticketed for going 88 in his DeLorean