Griffin Hammond is a YouTuber and videographer with Bloomberg, and he recently posted a video on his personal YouTube channel with an inexpensive and very easy to use portable on-location gear setup for video interviews. But you could use this setup for portraits or other images as well.
The primary piece of kit in this setup is a small LED light called the Lume Cube. This little light pairs with your cellphone via Bluetooth and can act as either a flash or video light. It is also waterproof, incredibly durable and can get quite bright. Paired with the Lume Cube, Griffin used a small soft box and an orange gel to soften and warm the light.
Then he pulled out an expandable background, which you can find easily for under $25 on sites like Amazon to use as the solid black background. The interview itself took place in a cramped hotel room with little room, and terrible light, but with this affordable portable setup Griffin was able to produce some quality video interviews with some big names like Mandy Moore to be used on a big-name publication.
If it was good enough for him and for them, then you have no excuses, and it is good enough for you. So next time you start to think that you can’t get it done on your budget, think again and look outside the box.
- New HP Spectre x360 16 ditches Nvidia, embraces Intel Arc
- Acer’s new workstations are more powerful than ever before
- All the new Chromebook features quietly announced at Google I/O
- Watch DJI’s video featuring Mini 3 Pro drone footage
- GoPro Hero 10 Black vs DJI Action 2 vs. Insta360 One RS: Clash of the action cameras