Here are three things that we never thought would have ever come together: Leica, Playboy, and Hello Kitty. What they have in common is a new limited edition Leica C compact camera created for French fashion retailer Colette, which brought all three namesakes together for the store’s Hello Kitty x Playboy collection. The series also includes special edition clothing, toys, and accessories, and coincides with the 40th anniversary of Hello Kitty and 60th anniversary of Playboy.
Unlike other official Leica collaborations that see customized designs, this is a Colette initiative, so what you have is a standard Leica C with a special edition Hello Kitty emblem on the front, dressed as a Playboy Bunny and holding what looks to be a Leica C – which is, as the Japanese say, so “kawaii.” Only 10 cameras will be available, and will cost €920/$1,265 (Leica C normally sells for $700, which is also a rebadged Panasonic LF1 that sells for $300). However, we wouldn’t be surprised if these sell out immediately.
- Two ‘Mega Man X Legacy Collection’ compilations are coming this July
- ‘God of War’ artifacts collectibles guide
- Facebook spells out data use from mouse clicks to metadata in policy update
- 100 years of collectible Chevrolet Pickup Trucks
- Our favorite purple dragon returns in ‘Spyro Reignited Trilogy’ September 21