Time-lapse creator Rob Whitworth has fast made a name for himself as one of the leaders in the genre, and after watching his latest effort (above), shot in Dubai, it’s easy to see why.
Before you hit play, our advice is to place a soft cushion just in front of you as it’s a safe bet that at some point during this three-minute hyperlapse your jaw’s going to hit the floor. Yes, it’s that good.
Some of the shots seem impossible, many are mesmerizing, while others are simply beautiful.
The British filmmaker says on the video’s Vimeo page that the entire project – comprising exploration, research and filming – took three months to complete.
As you’ll see, some of the shots take place in highly secure locations, a feat made possible thanks to assistance from a local video production company.
Whitworth used Nikon gear to get the shots, with Lightroom, After Effects, and Final Cut Pro taking care of post-production.
Since making his first time-lapse video in 2009 in Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City, the filmmaker has gone on to create similar pieces using footage shot in Barcelona, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, and even North Korea’s capital, Pyongyang.
- Forget 4K or even 8K. ‘Star Trek: Beyond’ editor says 6K is the future of film
- Check out this stunning time-lapse of SpaceX’s final rocket launch of the year
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far
- YouTube punishes Logan Paul for Japan ‘suicide forest’ video
- The Dark Knight journeys to feudal Japan in the epic anime ‘Batman Ninja’