Twitter just rolled out a new feature to its iOS app that lets users limit which people can reply to their tweets.
Here’s how you can use the new feature to pick and choose who can reply to you:
- Tap on the box that says Everyone can Reply above your keyboard when you go to write a Tweet
- Choose who can reply to your tweet from three options: Everyone, people you follow, or only people you mention
- You can choose different settings for each of your tweets
Digital Trends reached out to Twitter to find out if and when the feature will be available on the Android app, as well as for desktop users. We will update this story when we hear back.
The ability to pick and choose who can reply to your tweets could make harassment and cyberbullying less visible and less upsetting to users who experience it. However, during testing, some users on Twitter remarked that by blocking replies, they could stifle conversations around controversial subjects, possibly making it easier for misinformation to spread.
- New feature shows that even Twitter wants to be like TikTok now
- Can’t stand using Instagram in 2022? This app fixes everything you hate about it
- New malware can steal your credit card details — and it’s spreading fast
- Twitter is building a menu option for Twitter Shops
- This new Windows 11 feature will help you protect your passwords