The multi-page ad shows Apple’s wrist-based device in a range of styles and colors as the company sets about marketing it not only as a flashy tech gadget, but also as a must-have fashion accessory.
It’s not the first time for Apple’s smartwatch to show up on the pages of the upmarket magazine. Back in November, it graced the cover of the Chinese edition, shown off on the wrist of model Liu Wen. The Chinese market is massive for Apple – its latest iPhone, for example, was the biggest-selling smartphone in the country toward the end of last year, propelling the company to its most profitable quarter ever.
The Apple Watch, which comes preloaded with activity and workout apps, also appeared recently on the cover of lifestyle mag Self as the company sets about trying to woo health and fitness enthusiasts, too.
Entering its first new product category since kickstarting the tablet market with the iPad in 2010, Apple is desperate for its brand new wearable to get off to a great start. But with consumers still apparently uncertain as to the necessity of owning such a device, the tech titan will need all its marketing skills to persuade the public that it’s a gadget worth having.
The Apple Watch, which starts at $349, hits stores in April.
Updated on 2-26-2015 by Malarie Gokey: We’ve added new photos of the complete ad spread to the post. Enjoy!
- Moto 360 review: Classic smartwatch, stunning new design
- Best smartwatch deals for June 2020: Samsung, Fitbit, and Apple Watch sales
- These are the best cheap Apple Watch deals for June 2020
- Latest Apple Watch, Fitbit Versa, Samsung Galaxy Watch reduced for Mother’s Day
- Fitbit, Garmin, and Suunto fitness smartwatches discounted for Memorial Day