So, even though we’re only a few hours in, how many of you have already broken your New Year’s resolution? Easy to make though often hard to keep, the promise to change your ways from January 1 is a long-held tradition for many, and now Google is joining in with the launch of its global resolutions page.
Add your own resolution to the world map or browse through those of others. And if you don’t happen to speak every language known to man, it’s no problem – thanks to Google Translate, you can discover how people from all countries are hoping to change their lives in 2013.
The page allows you to filter through people’s contributions, with categories including health, career, love, finance and family.
Google’s map is already beginning to fill up with resolutions from around the world. As you might expect, a good many currently on the map relate to health and fitness – “go back to size 4 jeans”, says one. There are, however, a few slightly more obscure ones, including “do wine tasting”, “get a puppy”, and my personal favorite so far, “grow a mustache”.
If you’ve made a New Year’s resolution for 2013, how about adding it to the map – or check out what others have posted if you’re in need of some inspiration. That wine tasting one sounds like a good idea.
- The best Android smartwatches for 2021: Which should you buy?
- Google Maps is adding new shopping tools for the holiday season
- Google Pixel 6 Pro review: The dawn of a fantastic new era for Google phones
- 3 reasons why a Google Store in New York could succeed where Microsoft failed
- In Google’s new world, your phone camera is for way more than taking photos