They might not be the biggest band in the world any more, but they’re certainly one of the iconic rock bands, and they’re coming to a movie theatre near you. Irish group U2 will featurein a pioneering 3D movie set to launch in IMAX theatres later this month. But that’s old news. National Geographic Entertainment, thefilm’s distributor, has named retailer Best Buy as the official Presenting Sponsor and exclusive consumer electronics partner for the film in the US. Theannouncement was made at CES. "We are extremely excited to join NGE in presenting such a special cinematic adventure," said Barry Judge, seniorvice president of marketing, Best Buy. "This sponsorship allows us to support new, ground-breaking entertainment technology while at the same time providing our customers with a completely newexperience with one of the world’s greatest bands.” Being presenting sponsor means that Best Buy will receive pre-film credit for all "U2 3D" screenings and will be ableto provide members of the Reward Zone loyalty program with access to Preview Nights at IMAX theaters in more than 25 markets. U2 3D is the first live-action digital 3-D movie ever produced.
- Exclusive: How ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ took IMAX further than ever before
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- AMC will host the ultimate Marvel marathon before ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- The best 3D printers you can buy for under $1,000 right now