A new suit filed against Facebook in Orange County alleges that the social networking site violated California law by reposting copyrighted images without approval, and also letting personal information of minors to be posted and shared without parental consent. The suit has been brought by three adults and two minors.
In part, the suit alleges:
"Facebook’s interface and web site architecture causes users to believe and understand that personal information and photos uploaded to Facebook are private."
"Users may be unaware that data they submit, or that data others submit about them, may be extracted and then shared, stored, licensed or downloaded by other persons or third parties they have not expressly authorized."
Facebook has said it will fight the suit, stating that it’s without merit.
- The 55 best shows on Amazon Prime Video right now
- The best shows to binge-watch on Netflix right now
- The 98 best movies on Hulu right now
- The 51 best movies on Amazon Prime Video right now
- The best dramas on Hulu right now