Audiovox led off its press conference Wednesday morning with a series of affordable speaker/charging docks for iPods, iPhones, iPads, and now Android devices. The basic models are nothing to write home about, but a few of the products stood out as bringing innovation to the less expensive end of the market.
The ARS35i iPad dock (above) is an affordable option for consumers who can’t afford the highest-end product but want to optimize functionality of the iPad. The ARS35i model features a motorized rotating arm that takes your iPad from landscape to portrait mode easily with the use of the included remote control. The charging dock offers 20w of audio power, FM radio, video output, and audio input for mp3 player connection. The ARS35i will be available in March for $129.99.
For consumers with Android devices, Audiovox and Acoustic Research introduced the ARS15 docking station, which supports Droid, Blackberry, Apple, Samsung smartphones, and tablets. The device is capable of docking two smaller devices or one tablet. The ARS15 also offers USB charging ports and wireless audio streaming through Bluetooth. The ARS15 docking station will be available in May for $69.99
- The 18 most stylish iPhone docks and charging stands for your device
- Here are the 12 best deals on Apple accessories for the iPad, iPhone, and Watch
- Powermat’s Charging Spot 4.0 is compatible with more devices, easier to install
- Share the power and juice up your phones with the best USB charging hubs
- Everything you need to know about the Essential PH-1 phone