But over the past couple of years, I’ve been wondering how the design will adapt to two important trends in
But that could soon change.
A rumor from a well-known Twitter leaker has suggested that Razer is working on a 14-inch gaming laptop that uses an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX and an Nvidia RTX 3060 graphics card. This lines up well with a new trend for 14-inch
There is one wrinkle in the rumor. The Ryzen 9 5900HX is a 45-watt processor, usually reserved for larger 15-inch
By that standard, a 14-inch Razer Blade with a Ryzen 9 5900HX seems unlikely. Still, I wouldn’t be surprised if Razer is indeed working on something in the 14-inch space. From the testing I’ve done myself, this 14-inch gaming laptop category is proving to be an attractive option. The RTX 3060 allows for excellent 1080p gaming performance, and the smaller chassis allows for tasks beyond just gaming.
That fits perfectly into Razer’s design aesthetic. The company’s
More than anything, an AMD-powered Razer Blade would break the cycle of Intel exclusivity that premium laptops have been stuck in. A vote of confidence from Razer woulkd go a long way to legitimizing AMD’s growing reputation.
- Buying a gaming laptop? These are the brands to trust
- Lenovo’s new 14-inch gaming laptop beats the ROG G14 in one key way
- AMD might be about to launch the most powerful laptop of 2023
- AMD might have just enabled MacBook-like gaming laptops, but I’m still skeptical
- Gaming laptops are still lying to us, and it’s getting even more complicated