Bone’s Horn Stand uses a simple design to bump up the volume on your music or videos on your iPhone without using any power. The stand ($25), made entirely from silicone, uses old-school technology to boost the sound from your iPhone’s built-in speakers through the horn-shaped amplifier. The product also conveniently holds your iPhone in a vertical or horizontal standing position.
According to the manufacturer, the accessory amplifies sound 12 decibels. We tested it out with a new iPhone 4, and despite having no electronic components, the Horn Stand significantly increased the volume of the music we had playing. It fit the iPhone 4 perfectly, but the amplifier also works with the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G/3Gs. The Bone Horn Stand comes in several colors and can be purchased here.
- Bose Portable Home Speaker review: Great sound, anywhere
- Google Pixel 3 review: The best Android phone?
- The best wireless headphones for 2019
- Sony’s odd-looking wearable neck speaker makes movies more immersive
- Google Pixel 4 XL review: A remarkable phone with a small battery