Today’s best Prime Day Nest thermostat deals
- Google - Nest Temperature Sensor - White — $40
- Google - Nest Temperature Sensor (3-Pack) - White — $100
- Google Nest Learning Thermostat, 3rd Gen, Smart Thermostat — $216, was $249
- Nest Learning Thermostat with Deco Gear 2-Pack Wi-Fi Smart Plug — $249
- Google Nest Thermostat E with 3 Nest Temperature Sensors — $259
- Nest Learning Thermostat E - T4000ES, White, 2-Pack — $265, was $283
- Nest T3007ES Learning Thermostat (3rd Gen) with 3 Sensors — $329
Nest Learning Thermostat vs. Nest Thermostat E
Looking at offers on the Nest Learning Thermostat and the Nest Thermostat E and have no idea which is best for you? To enjoy the Prime Day Nest thermostat deals, it’s worth knowing what you’re getting into. We’ve got you covered.
The Nest Learning Thermostat is Nest’s high-end smart thermostat. It learns your behavior and temperature preferences, setting up an automatic schedule so you don’t have to think about it. It also works with voice assistants so you can easily adjust the temperature in your home via Alexa or Google Assistant rather than use an app or find the physical device. It also offers a large and more stylish screen than the Nest Thermostat E and has Farsight technology so it knows when to light up the display by detecting when you’re in the room. Farsight is a fancy way of saying you can see the display much clearer from a distance but it can be useful depending on how your home is laid out.
All these features are there because the Nest Thermostat E is essentially the cheaper version of the Nest Learning Thermostat. It still learns what you like and creates an automatic schedule the more you use it, but it’s not as stylish. More importantly, it’s also not compatible with as many HVAC systems as the Nest Learning Thermostat, so you’ll need to check compatibility before making a purchase. It’s still compatible with around 85% of units but double-check before hitting the buy button.
Assuming your HVAC system is compatible with the Nest Thermostat E, you might as well go for the cheaper one. The Nest Learning Thermostat looks more stylish and we do love the look of it, but that’s mostly it for major features. If you’re not as concerned about better viewing angles when looking at it and classier physical styling, the Nest Thermostat E will be just right for you. Whichever you choose, you can still use either to heat your home more efficiently and you can still enjoy automatic scheduling or use the app to make things simple.
Check compatibility, then compare the deals and figure it out from there. Whatever you choose, you’ll start saving plenty of cash on your heating bills.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best smart thermostats for 2021
- Google Nest Thermostat (2020) review: A little less, yet still the best
- Nest vs. Ecobee: Which is the better smart thermostat?
- How to install a Nest thermostat
- The best Nest Thermostat deals for January 2021