Ubisoft has launched a virtual tour of modern day Paris with narration by Andy Serkis (voice and mocap actor of Gollum fame) as a promotion for Assassin’s Creed Unity. Called Project Widow, the tour takes you around major Parisian landmarks like The Bastille and Notre Dame in a Google Maps-like immersive interface.
By looking around you can uncover bits of trivia and game videos, up to a total of 119 “recovered memories.” There is also a metagame of spreading revolution that seems to be based on the number of people exploring and sharing the site via social media, though there is no indication yet what will happen when a critical mass is achieved.
Assassin’s Creed Unity kicks off your adventures in revolutionary France on November 11 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’: Everything you need to know
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’: A misthios’ guide to getting started
- Google’s ‘Project Stream’ will let you play major games on the Chrome browser
- Yes, Sony is working on the PlayStation 5 — or whatever it’s called
- Intel’s 9th-gen chips: Everything you need to know