Ubisoft has launched a virtual tour of modern day Paris with narration by Andy Serkis (voice and mocap actor of Gollum fame) as a promotion for Assassin’s Creed Unity. Called Project Widow, the tour takes you around major Parisian landmarks like The Bastille and Notre Dame in a Google Maps-like immersive interface.
By looking around you can uncover bits of trivia and game videos, up to a total of 119 “recovered memories.” There is also a metagame of spreading revolution that seems to be based on the number of people exploring and sharing the site via social media, though there is no indication yet what will happen when a critical mass is achieved.
Assassin’s Creed Unity kicks off your adventures in revolutionary France on November 11 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered’ is coming to PS4, Xbox One
- Have cash to spare? Pick up this $500 Assassin’s Creed figurine
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ will soon offer New Game+ mode
- ‘Far Cry 5’ brings back the series’ map editor, and it’s deeper than ever
- ‘Creed II’ casting sets up second-generation feud with Ivan Drago’s son