The first episode of Batman – The Telltale Series, “Realm of Shadows,” will launch on current-gen and last-gen consoles, PC, Mac, and mobile devices August 2. Batman fans attending San Diego Comic Con will get a chance to check out the game in advance at a “crowd play event,” hosted by voice actor Troy Baker and Kinda Funny’s Greg Miller.
If you prefer to stick with physical games, you’re going to have to wait a bit longer. Batman‘s “season pass disc,” available on PlayStation and Xbox systems, will be available on September 13. Like the digital game, it only contains the first episode, but the remaining parts will be free as they become available.
Our expectations for Telltale’s latest project are very high given the success of the studio’s other comic book adaptations. The Walking Dead quickly became a runaway hit, with a third season currently in the works, but it’s The Wolf Among Us that really surprised us. Based on the Fables comic — also from DC — the tale of the Big Bad Wolf and a gang of fantasy characters living in the city hasn’t gotten much attention since its original launch, but we’re still crossing our paws for a season 2 announcement.
Updated on 07-19-2016 by Mike Epstein: Added digital release date, episode name, and “world premiere” trailer.
- ‘The Walking Dead: The Final Season’ returns with Episode 3 next month
- Second-gen vs. third-gen Echo Dot: What’s the difference?
- ‘Resident Evil 2’ will get free mode called ‘The Ghost Survivors’
- Overkill’s ‘The Walking Dead’ delayed indefinitely for PlayStation 4, Xbox One
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ season 2 gets a new, Spock-heavy trailer