If you want to try Battlefield 2042 for free on PC, your time is running out. You have just over a day to download and play it on Steam before it goes back to being a full-price release.
Battlefield 2042‘s free access period on Steam began on March 13, about two weeks after the start of Season 4: Eleventh Hour. If you go to its store page on Steam, you can download and play it for free until 12 p.m. ET on March 16. The game is also discounted on Steam during this time, so you can pick Battlefield 2042 up for $18 instead of $60.
If you don’t want to buy the game directly but still want to continue playing after this free trial period, you have some options. Battlefield 2042 is included in multiple subscription services at the moment. It is one of March 2023’s monthly PlayStation Plus titles for both PS4 and PS5 subscribers. Meanwhile, it’s available as part of the EA Play game library, which Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers on PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S all have access to.
If you use the same EA account on those platforms, you’ll be able to carry over all of your account progression and items and not lose any progress. As such, this free access period on Steam is a great time to check out Battlefield 2042 if you’ve been on the fence about picking it up.
Battlefield 2042 is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. Its free Steam demo ends on March 16.
- PlayStation Plus is the perfect stocking stuffer for RPG fans this year
- PS Plus’ library is looking more like Game Pass’ in May lineup
- This console generation isn’t about games or hardware. It’s about services
- Battlefield 2042’s new season adds a map set in the developer’s homeland
- Knockout City Season 7: Mutant Mutiny stars Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles