Just Cause 3 looks like it includes all the open world chaos of its predecessor, according to a fresh batch of screenshots released by Square Enix for Avalanche Studios’ upcoming game. Miniguns, grappling hooks, and parachutes all fuel the action against a backdrop of fiery explosions. There are also a handful of serene moments, parachuting over beautiful bays while waves glisten in the moonlight.
A robust physics engine and flexible set of toys earned Just Cause 2 high marks from critics upon its release in 2010, and it came back into the limelight in 2013 with a popular multiplayer mod on Steam. Just Cause 3 won’t support multiplayer natively at first, but the developer has not ruled out the possibility for the future. Publisher Square Enix’s recently launched Shinra Technologies aims to develop revolutionary online gameplay infrastructure, and Shinra’s senior vice president mentioned the possibility of a future collaboration with Avalanche, noting Just Cause 3 as an excellent candidate for their plan to add multiplayer support to games post-launch.
Just Cause 3 is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and unspecified PC platforms sometime in 2015.
- ‘H1Z1’ finally leaves early access alongside new ‘Auto Royale’ mode
- European Space Agency tests giant parachute for its 2021 ExoMars mission
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Barbie? Mattel’s famed doll gets makeover as adventurer Lara Croft
- Lithium metal batteries could triple EV ranges, and they’re getting closer
- Here’s everything we know about the Google Pixel 3