BioWare’s Dragon Age: Inquisition is officially confirmed for release on October 7, as a new gameplay trailer reveals. The two minutes of footage also shows off snippets of the game in action, and it sure does look pretty with the power of that Frostbite 3 engine behind it (the same one that powers Battlefield 4). There’s also a little surprise for longtime fans; we won’t spoil it, just watch the trailer.
October 7 is getting pretty crowded with big-ticket console releases. Dragon Age: Inquisition joins Sega’s outer space horror adventure Alien: Isolation and WB Games’ spin-off return to Tolkien fantasy, Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor. The center cannot hold. It seems very likely that one of these releases will move at some point. You can probably rule Inquisition right out, because it’s a BioWare sequel that’s coming to PlayStation and Xbox consoles, as well as Windows. So which of the other two do you think will blink first?
- ‘Anthem’: Everything we know about Bioware’s next game
- ‘Dragon Quest XI S’ for Nintendo Switch set to launch in Japan next year
- Want to buy ‘Anthem’ for your PC? Read this first, freelancer
- Feel the love this Valentine’s Day with these 12 romantic video games
- The best Xbox One games you can get right now