BioWare’s Dragon Age: Inquisition is officially confirmed for release on October 7, as a new gameplay trailer reveals. The two minutes of footage also shows off snippets of the game in action, and it sure does look pretty with the power of that Frostbite 3 engine behind it (the same one that powers Battlefield 4). There’s also a little surprise for longtime fans; we won’t spoil it, just watch the trailer.
October 7 is getting pretty crowded with big-ticket console releases. Dragon Age: Inquisition joins Sega’s outer space horror adventure Alien: Isolation and WB Games’ spin-off return to Tolkien fantasy, Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor. The center cannot hold. It seems very likely that one of these releases will move at some point. You can probably rule Inquisition right out, because it’s a BioWare sequel that’s coming to PlayStation and Xbox consoles, as well as Windows. So which of the other two do you think will blink first?
- BioWare producer confirms a new Dragon Age game is in the works
- ‘Anthem,’ BioWare’s ambitious answer to ‘Destiny,’ reportedly pushed to 2019
- EA delays ‘Anthem’ to 2019, cites scheduling conflict with next Battlefield game
- Electronic Arts again ditches E3 in favor of EA Play event in June
- Feel the love this Valentine’s Day with these 11 romantic video games