Evolve, the four-versus-one co-op shooter from Turtle Rock Studios, is officially set to hit PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on October 21, 2014. The game pits a squad of multi-role hunters against a single, hulking alien beast with a whole mess of armor and health. All five are controlled by human players, and the result is a uniquely satisfying asymmetrical combat balance. Publisher 2K Games must have a lot of faith in this new game from the Left 4 Dead studio, releasing the game in the late-October/early-November window typically reserved for top franchise releases.
Those that pre-order the game will receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes a Savage Goliath skin (an alternate look for the only playable monster announced so far) and “a new monster character when available after Evolve is released.” We’ll likely hear more about the game when it puts in an appearance at E3 next month.
Keep an eye out for a new hands-on preview for Evolve later today. All we’ll say for now is that Turtle Rock appears to have another winner on its hands.
- ‘Monster Hunter World’ will stalk its way onto PC this fall
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ suffers another delay, launches October 26
- Digital Trends’ 2018 guide to game conventions and trade shows
- ‘Monster Hunter World’ is Capcom’s fastest-selling game of all time