Still images from Telltale’s upcoming Game of Thrones episodic series appear to have leaked, with a few very familiar faces from HBO’s own adaptation (on which the Telltale’s series is based) seemingly confirming their tie to the interactive interpretation. Kotaku shared the images, citing this Xbox Live Arcade-focused Twitter account as the original source.
Although Telltale has not confirmed the legitimacy of the images, the art style is consistent with previous Telltale series’ like The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead. If they are accurate, then fans can already see how some of the game’s story might tie into what we knew from HBO’s television adaptation.
The stills include series mainstays like Tyrion and Cersei Lannister, Margaery Tyrell and the sociopathic Ramsay Bolton. We also have what could be our first look at some of the Forresters, the family at the game’s center. It is not yet known if the more established characters feature prominently into Telltale’s work, or if they appear more as cameos. It should also be mentioned yet again that the original source of these images cannot be confirmed, and this may well be a hoax.
The first of six episodes for Telltale’s Game of Thrones series, Iron From Ice, debuts in December on iOS, PlayStation, Windows, and Xbox platforms.
- Amazon Prime members can snag ‘SteamWorld Dig 2’, four others for free
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- Binge away with our guide to the best on-demand streaming services
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?