News surrounding the upcoming big-screen adaptation of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney has been in short supply lately, but the most recent update is a big one.
Today we get our first look at actor Hiroki Narimiya as Phoenix Wright, the heroic defense attorney out to prove his worth in the courtroom. Slated for a 2012 release, the film is directed by celebrated filmmaker Takashi Miike (Audition, Ichi the Killer).
For those who haven’t caught on to the Ace Attorney craze, the unique game first hit the Japanese market in 2001 as a title for the Game Boy Advance. It was was subsequently rereleased (and upgraded) for the Nintendo DS. It sold remarkably well, and the North American version initially sold out several times over due to unexpected demand. There have also been successful Wii and iOS ports of the game since that time.
- The best game console you can buy right now
- How to watch this morning’s ‘super blue blood moon,’ and what you need to know
- Oh, it’s that guy! You know these actors’ faces, we’ll tell you their names
- ‘Monster Hunter World’ is Capcom’s fastest-selling game of all time
- Catch up on ‘Westworld’ theories and dangling questions before season 2