Doing his part to stave off consumer complaints about the availability of the new Xbox 360 gaming console during this past holiday season, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said in his keynote at the 2006 CES show in Las Vegas that his company expects to ship between 4.5 and 5.5 million Xbox 360 systems by June 2006. The shipping estimate was re-affirmed by Xbox exec Peter Moore.
By June 2006, Microsoft also expects more than 50 Xbox 360 games geared for high-definition TV systems will be available.
Gates also announced Microsoft plans to deliver an external HD DVD drive for the Xbox 360 in 2006. The new drive would enable Xbox 360 owners
- Join us as we live-stream the ‘Sea of Thieves’ closed beta
- Microsoft is reportedly rolling out new Xbox One player avatars in April
- March’s Xbox Games With Gold freebies arrive a day early
- Get ‘Crazy Taxi’ and assassinate in 2D with February’s Xbox Games With Gold
- Microsoft’s revival of ‘Inside Xbox’ news show kicks off on March 10