Announced by Nvidia earlier this week, the promotion bundles the upcoming sequel to the hit third person shooter franchise with the two top of the line (mainstream) graphics cards from Nvidia. With support for 4K resolutions in-game, Microsoft and Nvidia see it as a good title to show off what your new hardware can do.
Gears of War 4 sees players taking on the role of Marcus Fenix’ son, J.D. Fenix, who must take on a whole new challenge with a whole new enemy in a post-Locust, post-Lambent world. There’s new weapons of course and new body-horror-enemies to blast to bits, but the cover system and unbelievably broad shoulders remain.
Since it’s an Xbox Play Anywhere title, activating Gears of War 4 on your PC will also net you a downloadable copy on your Xbox One as well, potentially letting you play a cross-platform, co-op campaign with a friend.
If you are interested in this deal though, don’t just go out and buy any old GTX 1070 or 1080. You’ll need to buy directly from official Nvidia partners like Amazon, Newegg or Micro Center among others. For a full list of purchase locations, have a look at the official bundle website here.
Once you’ve bought your card, installed it, run a few benchmarks for posterity and are ready to game, you can register your bundle on the “official redemption portal,” here.
Are you guys ready to take on the forces of gray and brown humanoids once again?
- AMD fans, ready up — Ryzen 7000 could be coming soon
- Nvidia’s new flagship GPU may offer a huge 4K boost — but at a staggering cost
- Microsoft explains why Xbox’s best feature still hasn’t come to PC
- God of War Ragnarok launches this November with two massive collector’s editions
- All cross-platform games (PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)