How’s this for a “buy our stuff, please” promotional deal? For a limited time, Microsoft is offering new Xbox One console buyers a bonus in the form of a free game. Any Xbox One game is on the table, just so long as it’s available in stores (no pre-orders, sorry) and costs no more than $60 (before taxes). The promotion runs from September 7 through September 13, which also means that, as of Tuesday, September 9, Bungie’s Destiny is fair game as your chosen freebie.
Note that the deal only applies to in-store console purchases made in the United States. That’s the only significant restriction, however. It doesn’t matter if you’re buying the console on its own, the console-with-Kinect bundle, or one of the more recent game pack-in bundles (Forza Motorsport 5 and Madden NFL 15); whichever you pick up, you still get your choice of a free game.
There’s not a whole lot more to it than that, though you can read Microsoft’s Xbox Wire post if you want to see the details of this deal firsthand. It’s a nifty offer as these things go, especially if you’ve been on the fence about picking up an Xbox One. Will this tip you over?
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- The best game console you can buy right now
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?
- Microsoft is setting the stage for Xbox Game Pass to thrive