When Nintendo asked its Facebook fans what they’d do to get their hands on a free 3DS, Gustavo Valdez told the company he’d dress up like the iconic plumber for a month. Nintendo called his bluff, and Mario paid him a visit with a new 3DS and a set of extra Mario costumes.
It’s that last part of the gift that really impressed us, though — clearly the Nintendo team had the forethought to realize that a stinky Mario running around town might not cast them in the best light.
You can watch the full video showing Mario’s meeting with Valdez below:
- The 25 best Nintendo 3DS games
- The best Fire Emblem games, ranked from best to worst
- Nintendo 2DS XL vs. Nintendo 3DS XL
- The most common Nintendo 3DS problems, and how to fix them
- The best free Nintendo Switch games