When Nintendo asked its Facebook fans what they’d do to get their hands on a free 3DS, Gustavo Valdez told the company he’d dress up like the iconic plumber for a month. Nintendo called his bluff, and Mario paid him a visit with a new 3DS and a set of extra Mario costumes.
It’s that last part of the gift that really impressed us, though — clearly the Nintendo team had the forethought to realize that a stinky Mario running around town might not cast them in the best light.
You can watch the full video showing Mario’s meeting with Valdez below:
- My Nintendo rewards program will soon offer free Switch games
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ and ‘Splatoon 2’ DLC lead a crammed Nintendo Direct
- ‘Mario Kart Tour’ will reportedly be ‘free-to-start’ like ‘Super Mario Run’
- ‘Mario Tennis Aces’ and tons of Switch ports revealed in sudden Nintendo Direct
- Blue shell your commute: Mario Kart temporarily races onto Google Maps