It’s becoming an epic on-again, off-again saga. Manhunt 2, the controversial title from Rockstar Games, looked as if it on was on the way to UKstores following a decision last month by the Video Appeals Committee (VAC) that said the game could be classified and released. In July last year the game had been refused a certificate, a move thateffectively meant in could not be legally sold in Britain. On Thursday, though, the British Board of Film Classification successfully argued in front of ahigh court judge that VAC had misinterpreted the law when it made its decision. The judge ruled that Manhunt 2 must be re-submitted for classification, the BBC reports. "We believe theVideo Appeals Committee decision was correct and do not understand the court’s decision to expend further public resources to censor a game that contains content well within the bounds established bythe British Board of Film Classification’s 18-plus ratings certification," Rockstar said in a statement. Although the game is sold in many parts of the world, it was refused a certificatein the UK because of its “sustained, casual sadism.” However, many critics have pointed out that it’s actually no more violent than many other games already on the market inBritain.
- Citing morality standard, Australia’s ratings board rejects ‘We Happy Few’
- Citing monkey business, court refuses to toss simian selfie lawsuit
- Apple slapped with $502.6 million in damages in ongoing battle with VirnetX
- Google Pixelbook review
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018