Just over one week from its release, Mortal Kombat X‘s launch trailer has made its way into the wild, showing off the story and gory action of NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive’s upcoming fighter. The trailer was directed by System of a Down bassist Shavo Odadjian and is scored by the angsty strains of the band’s hit song, Chop Suey. Mortal Kombat X launches for PlayStation 4, Windows, and Xbox One on April 14, 2015. It will follow for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on June 2.
NetherRealm also recently released the first gameplay footage of the classic character Goro, the four-armed behemoth who will be included as a pre-order bonus and available to everyone eventually as DLC. Like all characters in MKX, Goro comes in three variants that have different move sets. Tigrar Fury focuses on Goro’s draconic heritage, gaining flame ball and dragon breath. Kuatan Warrior utilizes Goro’s numerous arms for better grappling, a ground pound, and chest charge. Finally, Dragon Fangs gives Goro special attacks focused on his bladed gauntlets.
Goro is joined by other series staples like Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Johnny Cage, in addition to brand new contenders like the insectoid D’Vorah. A total of 24 characters will be available out of the box. Subsequent DLC will add in more familiar faces, as well as some guest stars like Friday the 13th‘s Jason Voorhees and Predator‘s eponymous alien hunter.
- A fix for ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ connection issues is on the way
- EVO 2018 will feature ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ but ‘Marvel vs. Capcom’ left out
- ‘Anthem,’ BioWare’s ambitious answer to ‘Destiny,’ reportedly pushed to 2019
- ‘Monster Hunter World’ is Capcom’s fastest-selling game of all time
- ‘Final Fantasy XV’ gets ‘Royal Edition’ complete with first-person mode