Johnny Cage and Blade were both featured in the original Mortal Kombat, released in 1992. Cage, modeled loosely after Jean-Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport, was actually the first character created for the game, and the original demo consisted of two Johnny Cages fighting each other. Cassie, Johnny and Sonya’s adult daughter, is a new addition to the series. Her fighting style sits somewhere between the Sonya’s nimble air-juggling and Johnny’s close-range devastation.
Mortal Kombat X arrives on April 14, 2015 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Developer NetherRealm Studios, under the leadership of series creator Ed Boon, is carrying on the legacy of one of gaming’s most notoriously gory fighting franchises, drawing from 13 years of brutal gameplay, exotic characters, and charmingly quasi-nonsensical lore.
- Everything we know about Mortal Kombat 11
- All Mortal Kombat games, ranked from best to worst
- ‘Mortal Kombat 11’ is even gorier and crazier than we expected
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition comes with a life-size Scorpion mask
- Get over here! All the details on next week’s Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta