Rockstar announced pre-order bonuses and multiple editions for Red Dead Redemption 2, which include incentives for Grand Theft Auto Online players to pre-order early.
Every pre-order comes with the War Horse, a fan-favorite steed that originally appeared as DLC in Red Dead Redemption, and the Outlaw Survival Kit. The survival kit includes health and Dead Eye replenishments.
Rockstar is giving those who pre-order digitally a few extra goodies as well. If you order through the Xbox or PlayStation Store, you will receive an instant cash bonus, enough to purchase a weapon, food, and ammunition. Digital pre-orders also come with an exclusive treasure map that will help lead you to some valuable discoveries. And for those who enjoy Grand Theft Auto Online, a digital pre-order of the standard edition instantly nets you $500,000 of in-game currency.
Red Dead Redemption 2‘s Special Edition ($80) comes with two extra story missions, one focusing on a bank heist and another tasking you to take down a gang. Special edition bonuses also include:
- Dappled Black Thoroughbred: A racehorse with advanced speed.
- Eagle Talon Talisman and Iguana Scale: Increases environmental awareness, decreases damage while on horseback, respectively.
- Story mode boosts: Discounts on upgrades, more cash for robbery missions, stat boosts for stamina, health, and Dead Eye.
- Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit: Black cowboy hat, indigo coat, leather gloves and boots, and denim chaps.
- Free weapons: Volcanic pistol, pump-action shotgun, and Lancaster Varmint rifle.
The physical special edition comes with a map, while the digital edition includes a $1,000,000 GTA Online instant cash bonus.
The Ultimate Edition ($100) comes with all Special Edition bonuses plus two additional outfits, an extra horse, a theme for the online mode, and faster progression in the game’s online mode (up to level 25). Like the Special Edition, pre-ordering digitally won’t give you the map, but you will get a whopping $2,000,000 in GTA Online currency.
If you are really, really looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2, you may want to take a gander at the Collector’s Box ($100). The metal tin comes with a collectible coin, jigsaw puzzle, treasure map, bandana, pin set, playing cards, 150-page replica catalog of the game’s shop, and a dozen cigarette cards. The downside of the collector’s box? It doesn’t come with the game.
Red Dead Redemption 2 launches on October 26 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Updated on June 4: Added confirmation of pre-order bonuses, special editions.
- Pre-ordering the iPhone 13 today? Here are some tips and tricks you should know
- Red Dead Online Call to Arms: Tips and tricks for beginners
- How to pre-order the limited edition Halo Infinite Xbox Series X
- Red Dead Online’s Blood Money DLC is a great first step in the right direction
- How to pre-order the Nintendo Switch OLED