We have been following the new Spider-Man game from developer Beenox for awhile now, and after we had a chance to take a look at the game in action at E3, consider us officially interested.
The game is being released next week on September 7 for all platforms, but if you can’t wait that long, check out the new trailer to keep you interested.
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions allows you to play as four similar, but unique versions of Spider-Man, each with their own gameplay and style. The first is the traditional Amazing Spider-Man that we know well. This version of Spidey uses a combination of acrobatic moves as well as web attacks. Next is the Spidey from the Spider-Man Noir universe, which puts Spidey in a re-imagined New York of the 1930s, where stealth and a brawling-style of fighting are the keys to success. Next is Spider-Man 2099, a futuristic take on Spidey with a sci-fi feel. Of the four characters, this Spidey is the only one that is not Peter Parker, although the gameplay will be familiar. The final Spidey is from the Ultimate universe and is featured wearing a symbiote suit that is likely the symbiote that eventually becomes Venom.
Check out the trailer below for a closer look at the game.
- ‘Marvel’s Spider-Man’ review
- ‘Marvel’s Spider-Man: Turf Wars’ sees Spidey confront the villainous Hammerhead
- ‘Marvel’s Spider-Man: Turf Wars’ is light on story but big on fun
- Spider-Man’s accessibility options, from the people who benefit from them
- Here are our writers’ picks for the best video games of 2018