Publisher Square Enix has teased on Twitter that a new game developed by one of its western studios will be revealed starting today on Twitch.
Updated on 4-6-2015 by Will Fulton: The stream is underway, but there are no revelations as of yet. Thus far we see a man being held in an empty cell with electrified walls, occasionally being interrogated by men with Russian accents. Twitch viewers voted at 1pm ET to choose folk music over classical for what is played to torture him. Another vote is scheduled for 6pm ET.
Join us on Twitch on Monday for a unique 3-day interactive experience from one of our Western studios. Don't miss it! pic.twitter.com/tRqEBxSkS4
— Square Enix (@SquareEnix) April 3, 2015
At the time of this writing, fans are crowding into Square Enix’s inactive Twitch channel, waiting eagerly to start the “unique 3-day interactive experience.” Otherwise all we know is that the game bears the working title Project CKP, which apparently stands for “Can’t Kill Progress”.
As for wild speculation, the big two projects that we know Square Enix has in the pipeline from its western studios are new Hitman and Deus Ex games. The distorted video image of a vaguely futuristic-looking chair included with the tweet could easily fit into either game. For all we know, however, this could just as easily be an entirely new property from a different team.
We will keep tabs on the story for you as it develops and update this post as we know more.
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ wins Game of the Year in 2018 Steam Awards
- The full ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ ending won’t be in the game at launch
- Nintendo is restarting ‘Metroid Prime 4’ development with Retro Studios
- Apex Legends proves battle royale is no fad. In fact, it’s just getting started
- How ‘invisible’ effects brought Winnie the Pooh to life in ‘Christopher Robin’