While the Steam Machines announced so far have all been desktop PCs, Steamboy Machine wants to give you the same experience on the road with the Steamboy, a handheld Steam Machine.
Looking at the Steamboy, it looks like a Steam Machine controller prototype with a 5-inch 16:9 display in the middle. It has two touchpads, eight front-facing buttons, two additional buttons on the back, and four triggers. A representative of the company tells The Escapist the handheld will feature a quad-core CPU coupled with 4GB of RAM. It will have 32GB of built-in storage, though we’d assume the Steamboy will allow for expandable storage.
According to the representative, while the Steamboy won’t be as powerful as other Steam Machines announced, “it will be possible to play the majority of current games in Steam.” The portable is expected to launch sometime in 2015 and will have support for Wi-Fi and 3G networks. No word on how much the Steamboy will cost or what the battery life will be, though we expect to hear more about it in the coming months.
- Put dinner on autopilot with Suvie, a robocooker that juggles 4 foods at once
- You will have to wait longer to enter the drug-fueled world of ‘We Happy Few’
- Legendary role-playing game ‘Chrono Trigger’ is now available on PC
- Xeros washing machine will offer consumers a greener way to clean clothes
- The best dishwashers you can buy right now