Sunset Overdrive‘s first story-driven downloadable content, Mystery of the Mooil Rig, is coming to Xbox One on December 23. The add-on content takes place on the Mooil Rig (pronounced “moo-oil”, not like the officiant of a bris), an off-shore oil drilling platform that is the center of a heated turf war between heavily-armed factions of workers. Mystery of the Mooil Rig was revealed in the latest episode of Sunset TV, guest hosted by Xbox’s Major Nelson.
The new setting is entirely water-locked, so new moves like the Water Dive and Water Slambounce have been added to aid navigation (and DLC makes them available in the main game as well). There is also a host of aquatic mutants to act as fodder for the new weapons, amps, and traps you have at your disposal. And of course, the DLC is rounded out with a new map in Chaos Squad.
Sunset Overdrive and the Mystery of the Mooil Rig will be available on December 23 for $10 on its own or as part of the $20 Season Pass, which includes the previously-released weapons pack and a future story add-on.
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ will soon offer New Game+ mode
- Microsoft’s revival of ‘Inside Xbox’ news show kicks off on March 10
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know