The latest trailer for director Jonathan Liebesman’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles gives us our first look at the turtles’ wizened rat sensei, Splinter. Also, rocket skateboards. You decide which one of those is more exciting.
The Michael Bay-produced summer blockbuster marks a reboot for the series, following the computer-animated 2007 feature from director Kevin Munroe. That, too, was a reboot, following up the trilogy of live-action takes from 1990, 1991, and 1993. The film will also stand apart from the various animated TV shows, including the most recent version that is currently airing on Nickelodeon. This upcoming Turtles reboot features Megan Fox, William Fichtner, and Will Arnett in human roles, with Johnny Knoxville and Tony Shalhoub confirmed for two of the four ninja reptiles.
We’re excited to see what the Battle: Los Angeles director does with the fictional comic book universe created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, although he’s going to have a tough time topping this. We’ll find out when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles hits theaters on August 8.
- Sick of walking everywhere? Here are the best electric skateboards you can buy
- Tony Hawk is no longer working with Activision on skating games
- Prepare for liftoff! Here’s 7 crazy facts about the SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket
- After delays, the SpaceX Falcon Heavy is set to launch on February 6
- TWB Podcast: Best TVs of CES; emerging tech; Amazon/Apple 2nd HQ; Falcon X