When we first saw Vanquish at E3, we were impressed, but what we saw was limited to a few levels and one short playable section. Regardless, it definitely had potential.
The story takes place in the near future, where the US and Russia are competing for the Earth’s diminishing energy sources. The US has created a space station to harness solar power, but the Russians have invaded the station and turned the power into a weapon, which was then used to destroy San Francisco. The US forces, including a government agent named Sam wearing a prototype battlesuit, invade the station to prevent a second attack on New York.
Today at Gamescon, Sega has released a new trailer for the third-person shooter. The game is designed with linear levels that you fight your way through, defeating enemy troops, robots and mechanical sentries. Check out the trailer below and enjoy.
Vanquish is due out on the PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 21.
- The best upcoming PS5 games: 2023, 2024, and beyond
- The Outer Worlds 2: release date speculation, trailer, and more
- Spider-Man 2: release date window, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Diablo 4: release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Mortal Kombat 1: release date, trailers, gameplay, and more