Firaxis Games pushes into new frontiers with Civilization: Beyond Earth. The game takes the long-lived series’ basic elements and shifts them to an alien planet that’s been targeted for colonization. If you’re thinking that sounds a lot like Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri, well… you’re not far off! It was a big influence on this one.
This new, 10-minute trailer runs through all the fine points of how the game works, complete with handy, folder-style tabs at the bottom of the video window that keep you informed of the topic being discussed. All in all, it’s a very thorough look at the latest game in a series known for being incredibly complex and involved.
Civilization: Beyond Earth comes to Windows on October 24, 2014.
- 15 epic sci-fi novels you should read before they become blockbuster films
- LG priced its 2018 TVs and OLED just got more affordable
- Master ‘Civilization VI’ with these starting tips for new players and veterans
- Apple aficionado, huh? Here are the 20 best Mac games
- Score a bargain with the best PS4 game deals under $20