Ubisoft has shared the Assassin’s Creed: Unity animated short from Rob Zombie and The Walking Dead co-creator Tony Moore, which premiered at 2014’s San Diego Comic-Con. The short provides a gory overview of the French Revolution from the formation of the National Constituent Assembly and the storming of the Bastille through the Reign of Terror and eventual execution of Maximilien de Robespierre. It serves as a nice primer for gamers who may be a bit rusty on what went down in the French Revolution besides some angry students building a barricade while Éponine is on her own.
Unity’s protagonist Arno only appears at the very end, looming in the background of Robespierre’s public decapitation while the narrator hints at the secret history woven throughout these events that the game will reveal.
Assassin’s Creed: Unity will come out on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 28.
- Have cash to spare? Pick up this $500 Assassin’s Creed figurine
- April’s free Xbox Games With Gold include ‘The Witness’ and ‘Dead Space 2’
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ will soon offer New Game+ mode
- ‘Far Cry 5’ brings back the series’ map editor, and it’s deeper than ever
- Here’s what’s new on HBO in May, and what’s going away