Since the game takes place 20 years after the successful alien invasion, players have lots of new alien tech to play with, acquired through salvage and reverse-engineering. Perhaps more distinctive, though, is the game’s change in approach. Instead of preventing invasions and defending civilians, sabotage and guerilla tactics will be employed, to harry the alien forces in a bid to one day retake the planet.
The game also takes a much more cinematic swing at the idea of an alien invasion, bringing in news broadcasts and a more reactive camera system, which zooms in to highlight moments of action. As members of your team take note of their surroundings, perspectives can shift to give you an idea about what they’re talking about.
Overwatch in particular looks much more visually impressive, with slow motion kills.
XCOM 2 is currently being developed as a PC exclusive and is expected to release in November of 2015.
- EA and Dice give us a taste of the first ‘Battlefield V’ Tides of War update
- New version of ‘The Stanley Parable’ coming to consoles in 2019
- Charging via USB-C for laptops: Here’s what you need to know
- Get a Double Helix set and 1000 V-Bucks with Nintendo Switch’s ‘Fortnite’ bundle
- Garmin Vivosmart 4 review