During its pre-E3 Digital Event, Nintendo announced that Xenoblade Chronicles X, the sequel to 2012’s Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, will be released for the Wii U in 2015. Nintendo announced the sequel back in 2013 as X, but didn’t give a release window at the time.
Tetsuya Takahashi, creator of Xenoblade, Xenosaga, and Xenogears will be executive director while Kunihiko Tanaka, his long time collaborator, will direct alongside him. Developed by Monolith Soft, Xenoblade Chronicles X has small groups of survivors fend for themselves after surviving an intergalactic war. The sequel will iterate on the original’s battle system while also making the game itself open-world.
- The best Wii games of all time
- The 10 best JRPGs of all time developed by Japanese studios
- The best Nintendo Switch exclusives
- The best Nintendo Switch games for 2020
- The best console emulators (NES, SNES, Genesis, and more)