During its pre-E3 Digital Event, Nintendo announced that Xenoblade Chronicles X, the sequel to 2012’s Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, will be released for the Wii U in 2015. Nintendo announced the sequel back in 2013 as X, but didn’t give a release window at the time.
Tetsuya Takahashi, creator of Xenoblade, Xenosaga, and Xenogears will be executive director while Kunihiko Tanaka, his long time collaborator, will direct alongside him. Developed by Monolith Soft, Xenoblade Chronicles X has small groups of survivors fend for themselves after surviving an intergalactic war. The sequel will iterate on the original’s battle system while also making the game itself open-world.
- Alphabet’s new cybersecurity unit focuses on faster threat responses
- Nintendo Switch passes lifetime sales of Wii U in less than one year
- 8 Nintendo Switch games you should play docked instead of in handheld mode
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- 10 great Nintendo Switch games under $20